2013-11-18

Tegra Note :: Review links and thoughts


Review links:
Android Central Review
Anand Tech Review
Engadget Review

Thoughts...

Oh so close. Now if they can only produce a more high end tablet that others would want. That said, and as the reviews allude to or outright explain, I totally understand why they chose the hardware the way they did. They did it to keep costs down to compete with Google's Nexus 7. For me, I'm personally not looking for a "budget tablet". I want a work horse that can do it all and I'm willing to pay for it. Just not $600+. I think $350 - $450 depending on features/hardware is reasonable for a tablet.


Some things they did get right...

As I said in my Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 ed) post, the biggest gripe I have with all tablets are FRONT FACING SPEAKERS! Well they are there on the Tegra Note and according to the reviews they sound awesome (Thumbs UP!). Another thing they got right is adding SDCard support as well as sticking with standard ports. That said the standard USB port is apparently deeper so you'll have to use the provided cable. At least it's a step in the right direction.

Another thing I read on a separate review was that Handwriting recognition was not implemented. Which seems odd. One feature I'm looking for is handwriting to text conversion. Played with a Galaxy Note 3 and even without training the device my conversion rate was quite good and it's fairly fast at it too.

I can't wait to play with this thing in store to see if it's actually worth the low price.

No comments:

Post a Comment